Thursday, December 6, 2012

Two-Way Communication

One of my favorite names for a blog is NPR’s “The Two-Way.” That’s what we want this blog to be, too. It’s not just a forum for Lauren and me to write about our own experiences. We want to hear from you. If you'd like to comment on the blog, please feel free. And I know that some of you are writers, and you will want to tell your own stories. We welcome that. You can submit blog posts to me at steve.holzrussell@gmail.com or to Lauren at Lauren@phumc.org. The topic range is pretty wide open: your Parenthood Journey.

Some of you may want to share your stories, but you don’t feel comfortable writing them yourselves. I used to tell other people’s stories for a living (when I was a newspaper reporter), and I would be happy to meet with you over coffee (or a beer) and work with you to tell your story. Please email me or Lauren if you’re interested, or, if you go to Park Hill United Methodist Church, just pull me aside and bend my ear.

As for me and my stories, well, the next one you’ll hear from me is about being a stay-at-home dad. That’s coming soon, and it’s a story that won’t end with one post :)

Here’s a teaser:

Patient. That’s a word people don’t often use to describe me. I hate being stuck in traffic, standing in lines, waiting for a table at a restaurant. Really, waiting for anything drives me crazy. I hate not having control over my own time, and not knowing what comes next.

So I became a stay-at-home dad. On paper, this seems like the worst job someone like me could have.

In my next post, I’ll explain why it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done, and the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment